Staying in Toronto for the holidays? Make sure you check out these *cool* events:
- Go skating at Nathan Philips Square or the Harbourfront Centre. At Nathan Philips, skate rentals are available 10am to 10pm, including holidays. The Natrel Rink at the Harbourfront Centre hosts free DJ skate nights on Saturdays, 8-11pm, December 17th to mid-February.
- Shop, eat and wander around the Toronto Christmas Market at the Distillery District. Pretty lights, vendors, caroling, hot chocolate – what more could you ask for?
- Watch The National Ballet of Canada’s performance of the Nutcracker Ballet. I’ve watched this spectacular ballet almost every year during the holidays as part of a family tradition. This beautiful production will take you back to your childhood sense of wonder.
Looking for somewhere to eat besides Burwash? Try:
- Pi Co. Pizza at Bay and Bloor – Get a mini, self-designed pizza all to yourself. It’s quick, inexpensive, and stylish!
- Sushi Club at Bay and Charles – Cheap sushi with quick service, close to campus!
- Pai Northern Thai Kitchen at Adelaide and Duncan – This one’s a bit further away, but it’s worth the trek. The warm, buzzing atmosphere, twinkling lights and green curry served in a coconut (!!!) are to die for.
Have a fun, safe break, Vic Ones!