You flip your textbook open. Your colour-coded sticky notes sit neatly on your desk. Your uncapped pen hovers in mid-air, as you wait for genius to strike.
You pull out your phone – to check the time, of course – and figure you should see if @VicOneProgram recently posted a Snapstory.
Suddenly, two hours have passed, and you’re three years deep into your cousin’s friend’s sister’s Instagram.
It’s midterm season, Vic Ones, and you know what that means: your best procrastinating starts now! Knowing that you are all extremely capable and responsible students, I don’t want to give you study tips you’ve already heard and tried time and time again.
Instead, here are 10 things you can do for a study break instead of scrolling through social media.
- Play an instrument. There are piano rooms in the basement of Margad!
- Do your laundry – nothing like fresh sheets and pillowcases!
- Check out the Sid Smith poster sale during the week of October 10th.
- Call or FaceTime family members or friends from back home.
- Balance your student budget.
- Explore Yorkville, Kensington or campus.
- Decorate or clean your common room, if you have one.
- Work out (or start a dance party in your room or residence).
- Catch up with your roommate or neighbour.
- Draw or paint.
Good luck with your midterms and essays, and make sure you take care of yourself during this busy time.