I know, I know. You’ve JUST settled into your first-year routine and the last thing on your mind is what you’re going to do next year. But deadlines are approaching, so keep reading!
Want to go abroad?
Mark these deadlines down:
- Deadline for Summer Research Exchange Programs: December 2, 2016
- Deadline for Summer Exchanges – Round 1: January 13, 2017
- Deadline for Summer Exchanges – Round 2: February 27, 2017
- Deadline for Summer Exchanges – Round 3: March 10, 2017
- Nomination Decision Date – Round 2: April 7, 2017
- Fall, Winter & Full year program deadline for all institutions: January 13, 2017 and February 27, 2017 (or earlier)
Summer abroad – information for Summer 2017 by mid-December
Not going abroad? What about your living situation?
PRO TIP: PLAN AHEAD if you are considering renting an apartment or house instead of living in residence or commuting. Remember that most leases for apartments are for 12 months, and utilities and Wi-Fi are often separate costs from monthly rent.
In first year, I lived in Margaret Addison Hall residence, but I decided I wanted to make my own food during second year. I currently live close to campus in a two-bedroom apartment with two other girls, where one of my roommates lives in the living room. We started planning in February, toured apartments in March/April and signed our lease in May. Feel free to ask me about it in-person any time!
Helpful links to compare costs of living in residence, elsewhere and commuting: